Thursday, August 26, 2010

Scuffed one up a bit.

I went to the dog track and got in 4 short flights with the Padre and 4 with the Snow Fox. I was mainly trying to get the engines running at the right speed and slowly came close. The wind was picking up and the turbulance was significant. Both planes wobbled around the circle as I made changes to the needle settings. The 3rd flight on the Snow Fox the engine vibrated the plane off track and pointed into the circle a bit. When I pulled the release the lines went slack and cought a weed. The plane flopped onto the ground and scuffed the chin under the engine. Luckily I had removed the stock muffler and put on a tongue muffler so there was no other damage besides the chin scuff and the broken prop.
The wheel clear seems to be holding up after the first outing but that can change after repeated use. I even sprayed the Fox an hour before flying and the paint stuck pretty good. I also painted the Jeep wheels.

No comments: