Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Running again.

I installed the new battery yesterday and tried to start the bike. Nothing. I referred to the info I got last winter when I had trouble getting it started. I did the prescribed electrical test on the module and coil and got a good coil and bad module. I had gotten it running last winter after disconnecting the tachometer from the coil and had installed the module from Roys' bike. For some reason that module now is no good. I wired up the original module and it checked out good. I removed Roys' module and installed the original. After a bunch of kicks it fired a couple of times. I kept at it and got it running. It didn't want to stay running and I had to re start it but it finally kept running. I let it run for a while with a fan blowing on the engine and then rode it around the yard for a bit to get things loosened up a little more. The oil was hot so I ran it long enough. I checked the alternator and got 14.7 volts so it's good. I tried to connect the tach. and the engine started to die but I unplugged it before the engine stopped. I've got to look into that more.
I flew the newer Fox re build this morning. It flys nice and the engine runs well too. The needle valve asm. isn't very good and I have to find a better one. I weed wacked the circle while I was there. The oil killed the plant but new shoots were coming up out of the old ones.

No comments: