Monday, August 30, 2010

Some progress.

I have the Padre flying pretty good again. I had to tweak the flaps to get the wings level and setting the engine took several flights. I got in 3 flights this morning and it's doings 5.4 second laps. I added a bit more tip weight and got more line tension overhead. Flying in the rain didn't do it any good. I cut the elevator travel down a tiny bit and hope to test that tomorrow morning. I have readied the Ruffy for the contest in Wrentham, MA next weekend. I may try the Ringmaster in old time stunt and the Ruffy in classic stunt. I have to get both in the air. I ordered a battery that straps on to the electric starter to get the inverted engines going without turning them upside down which takes two people. I also gave the Ruffy a coat of the clear wheel coating. Maybe good enough for another point for appearance.
The El Camino is running good with the new distributor. I tweaked the timing up until it ran the way I figured it should. No bumping on hot starts so I can tweak it more if I want to.

3 comments:

2Evil4U said...

What are the static and total advance numbers right now? Any idea?

I'm assuming you're running less than the 48 total I run in the Firebird.

Qu'que chose said...

I started at 10 btdc and tweaked from there. I am not confident that the pointer is accurate. So far no pinging.

Qu'que chose said...

Of course that last comment was from
Puppy's Pop.