Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer is here.

I warmed up the bike the other day and found the Du Pont 77 and a piece of 0000 steel wool and started cleaning the crud off the exhaust and wheels. I gunked it after that and washed it after that. Then I put some wax on it and it looks pretty good. I keep finding pieces that go along with it and I have two boxes full and Roy's front wheel. I remembered the padlock today and got that loosened up after many years sitting in the garage window. The saddle bags are in the garage somewhere.
I made a few changes to the Padre and flew it this morning. I put it back the way it was. The Fox is running very well. I got 2 gallons of fuel left from the 12 or so I made up last fall. Most has been burned in flight, 3.75 ounces per flight. Richard Wood's grandson, Brandon, wanted to know how much fuel the engine burned in one lap. Richard came up with .02 ounces per lap at 6.5
minutes total and 5.3 seconds per lap per 3.75 ounces. I wagged it at 2 drops per lap.
The weather here has been quite warm and dry for a while. I have to get things done before 10 o'clock. The grass don't dry off until after noon so I get to mow in the heat of the day.

No comments: