Sunday, August 15, 2010

Making progress.

My planes have not been keeping tight lines in the overhead maneuvers. I started moving the leadouts forward and the lines have been getting tighter. I re checked the balance on the Vicar and moved it forward a half inch with a 2 ounce heavy hub. It is more stable now and after moving the bellcrand push rod to center the handle it turns about the same inside and outside. I put a Hayes tank on it after flying today and will test it tomorrow if the winds are normal. I put a homemade tank on another plane and moved the leadouts forward but they didn't go far enough. I cut away the covering and removed some balsa from the tip and moved the guide forward an inch. Now I got adjustability. I flew the plane this morning and saw a leak in the tank when I put fuel in it. I fixed the leak when I got home and have to test it again sometime. I did get in a flight with it though.

No comments: