Friday, August 20, 2010

Painted yesterday, flown today.











We went to the dog track this morning and I got in two short flights with the re conditioned ringmaster. I left the Fox .25 on it and it didn't work that well. The plane flew with the outside wing low. When I got home I removed the Fox and installed an OS .25 LA that was on the Super 80. I twisted the wing and heated out the wrinkles to try and remove the warp. If this don't work I will put a tab on again. It needed one to fly straight originally. I planned to paint the fuse. sky blue but I didn't have enough to get a full coat so I switched to insignia blue. I have trim kote to match so it worked out for the best.




I have been wanting to get a new distributor for the El Camino for a long time. I saw an ad in a magazine for a store I never heard of and they had new ones for $75.00, free shipping. It said 50,000 volt coil but it came with a 65,000 volt coil. I plan to install it soon and keep the original for a spare. A new fuel pump is next on the list.

2 comments:

2Evil4U said...

Were you using the original distributor?

Perry Rose said...

Yes and I'm still using the original fuel pump. They are in good working order but for how long? More of a just in case thing.