Thursday, August 12, 2010

Winter project.











I took some pictures of my winter project this morning. I am in the process of deciding where to place the landing gear, in the wing, which I'm favoring, or on the fuselage. The wing tips will be squared off some to better match the stabilizer shape. The specs that will be close to the final dimensions are; wing span 51 inches or so, area 550 sq. in., over all length including the spinner and rudder is 39.5 inches, the stab. has a 24.25 span and 152 sq. in. that makes it 27.56% of the wing area. Weight as it sits on the scale with the tank and spinner is what it is. I project the finished weight to be around 45 ounces. An OS .40 or .46 engine. I put foam in the rear of the fuselage to form it and stiffen it. There are two pieces there, about an inch thick, one on top and one on the bottom so there is a push rod tunnel between. Wing and stab are sheeted foam cores. The turtle deck is molded balsa and the canopy is the back half of a Sig WW-2 canopy, it's all I had on hand. The front half is not shaped right so I cut it off.