Friday, April 11, 2014

29 gallons of fuel on the wall.....

Take one down and run engines with it and get in flights with it and it's time for another gallon of fuel. I went to the field this morning with the spare parts engine and plane and the Evo .60 powered P-63. I got in 4 flights with the spare parts and figured I need to shorten the lines and adjust the plastic tank a bit. I tried the 12 x 4 on 3 flights and the 12.25 x 3.75 on  one flight. I put the 12 x 4 back on as I don't have any spare 11.5 x 4's. Ground clearance issue. The Evo started right up and ran well for 3 flights but the tank seemed off a bit. When I got home I adjusted the spare parts tank and took the P-63 tank apart and found the vent out of position and the uni-flow way off. Things should be where they should be now.  I figure the P-63 needs longer lines. I have 63 footers on it and 63.5 footers on the spare parts plane. Kinda backwards. I'm thinking 62 on the spare parts and 65 on the P-63. I also put a half ounce of tip weight in the P-63 as it didn't have any, but the engine hangs out a bit, and the flaps on the spare parts plane were tweaked into alignment. I found 1.5 ounces of tip weight in the spare parts wing and reduced it to a half ounce a few days ago. I may have bent the flaps to carry the load a while back and without the weight they don't need to be twisted.

No comments: