Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I broke the 'Easy Button'.

 I took a trip to Stales to get the plans enlarged. All went well until I walked into the store.
There was a customer at the counter where I wanted to do business. I waited and after 5 minutes the attendant took my plans and I gave her instructions on what I wanted. About 5 minutes was the reply. I meandered around a bit and found Bounty paper towels on clearance, 8 rolls for $5.00. Then I found  a stack of 12 rolls for $10.00 in another location. I did the math and found the 12 rolls were the better buy. Then I noticed the enlargement was on the counter. I looked at it and it was only half of the page. She said it was being redone. Finally it came out and it was perfect. I paid her and then tried to make a small copy of the rib as all the ribs are the same. It took a minute to get the machine to 335% and several copies to get the rib on the page. I ran out of credit card (Staples) and had to get help to put more money on the card. As I now realize the card is still in the machine. I finally got a copy of the complete rib that I can use. I picked up a bundle of 12 rolls of Bounty and went to the other pay here place. Three stations and only one is working and that by a trainee who is being helped by a manager. I was third in line and the manager bailed out calling for more cashiers. One arrived and took the guy in front of me and then the copy girl arrived and took me on the last cash register. There I stood. For 5 minutes she tried in vain to get the thing to open the drawer. Another person said it takes 30 minutes to get that to work first thing of the day. I suggested going to McDonalds. Then going to the second register. Good idea. That one had been working and as she checked me out I said the old "Easy Button" broke today. I haven't been to Staples yet that I didn't have some kind of trouble. On top of that the sheets per roll on the 12 pack are the half sheets vs. the full sheets on the 8 pack. I got screwed again.

No comments: