Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Rain and wind, right on time.

Every year just after the state stocks the waters with fish it rains enough to raise the water level close to flood stage just before the opening day of fishing season. In turn the rushing water washes the new fish out to sea before they can adapt to river living. Today it started raining and is forecast to be heavy so bye bye fishys.
 I managed to get out the other day and the spare parts plane is flying well but the tank isn't quite right. I removed that one and installed a metal tank. I have to remember to make the fuselage wider as the tank is a tight fit. The P-63 is flying well as well. The longer lines did the trick.
 I fired up the Cub Cadet and ran it over some leaves to limber it up for the season. I put a tube in the left front tire and it's holding air now.
 On the El Camino I ran a wire from the fuel tank sender ground to the frame as the body ground may not be good enough causing the erratic readings on the gas gauge.
  The latest issue of Control Line World has two more plans of Allen Brickhaus' models. One from 1977 and one from 2011 if I read it right. I have figured out how much to enlarge the center folds to get them back to full size.

No comments: