Friday, April 4, 2014

I can tell it's spring.

The fuel gauge in The El Camino is a bit strange. It only works in warm weather. From October until today it wont work. To get the cars loosened up after sitting most of the winter I took the hot rod out for a spin. Then I took the El Camino out and after a few miles the gas gauge started working. I have 3/4 full tank. I really have to look for a new tank sending unit.
  I went to the field this morning with the Honey Bee and the Ringmaster. I had put the new engine back on after trying to get the spray bar closer to center. It ran well on the board and real good on the plane. The Honey Bee has been sitting for several months and after the hot water it started on the first flip. That's the thirstiest .46LA I have. It takes 3-3/4 ounces of fuel for the pattern.
 While I was getting the hot rod ready to run Mike K. from the dog track stopped by. He's still working but the plant is slow. He's bottom man with only 20 years there.

No comments: