Saturday, April 26, 2014

Good weather equals flying, bad equals building.

 Thursday and Friday I got in a bunch of trimming on the Polynesian. After the wholesale changes it flew better and a few more tweaks here and there produced more results.  I got it flying 5.5 second laps and using 5.0 ounces of 10% fuel per flight.  I think it still needs more tip weight as I only have 3/4 ounce in it.
 The Privateer needed stuff and I ordered it from Brodak and it came in yesterday. I installed the horns into the flaps and elevators this morning, installed the leadout slider and tied the leadouts, made up the tip weight box and installed the wing tips. I still need some triangle stock so I'll stop at the hobby shop when we bring the grandson home today.
 Between the 10% fuel and my  2% fuel I've gone through another gallon.

No comments: