Thursday, April 10, 2014

In the early morning rain.

Except it wasn't raining. I took the spare parts engine and plane to the field before the wind got out of hand this morning. I put up 3 flights and each one thought the first loop of the clover was a cut off loop. The plane flew pretty good in spite of the problem. I had a 4 ounce metal tank installed and could only get 3-5/8 ounces of fuel in it. Even at that I should have had enough to finish the pattern. At home I removed the tank and found a cut in the vent line at the tank nipple. I had a 4 ounce Du-Bro plastic tank made up and it just fit inside the fuselage and holds more than 4 ounces. I installed it using new fuel tubing and pressure tested it to make sure it doesn't leak. With the clunk tank I can put in an ounce of fuel and fly it if I want. I'll check the winds and maybe get in another session.

No comments: