Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Parts interchangeability.

After messing up the spray bar hole in my new .46LA I ordered a new block from Tower. Having nothing to lose I elongated the spray bar hole  and got the spray bar close to the center of the venturi. The engine runs pretty good. Now what to do with the new block. I carefully drilled the spray bar holes and got them right this time. Then I took all the parts off the other engine and installed them into the new block except for the nva. I still had a spare block doing nothing. I started getting other spare parts together for the .46LA and came up a crankshaft short. I looked on Tower and found one for the .35 and .40 FP engines when I clicked on the .46LA crank. That gave me an idea and I checked the specs for the .40LA and found them exactly the same as the .46. I have 4 .40's doing nothing so I removed the crank and back plate which gave me enough parts to make a .46.  I tested it on a board and then installed it into the spare plane and tested it there. The winds are a bit too high for a flight today.
  I made a mask of my AMA number and painted it on the Legacy wing. Still waiting for the two graphics cutters to come through. Not much hope though.

No comments: