Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Battery tender test.


After the long winter I figured it was time to get the hot rod running. I had put a battery tender on the battery around Dec. It took some cranking but it finally caught and stayed running. The tender did a good job.
 I took the Ringmaster up to the field and the ground is too soft to drive down so I walked and got in a flight. The winds were messing things up so I went to the shed and removed the mower battery so I could charge it. I measured out a circle at the east end of the runway and will probably move to there. There's never anyone else around when I fly so I don't see a problem. This will cut mowing time quite a bit and the farmer will be happier and less likely to create trouble. We had a talk last year and he said this place is a pain to mow. I took the hint. Both parties have permission to use the property but he can mess things up if he stops mowing the hay.

No comments: