Thursday, April 6, 2017

Bad Vibes.

At the park this morning I flew the newer Nomad. The engine was vibrating  a bit and just after lift off it went into high speed. This has happened to other planes in the past so I'm pretty sure it's because of the vibration. I checked the prop balance and it's good. I looked at the other profile planes I have and all run  well and all have a normal muffler. Thinking that the extra weight could control some of the vibration I removed the light tongue muffler and put a 2.5 ounce muffler on. The winds are above limits again so I have to wait until tomorrow morning to test my theory. I have a rubber diverter that redirects the exhaust and that ads a bit more weight and I have the stock muffler which is an ounce heavier still. The first Nomad didn't have this happen and it has the same tongue muffler. I may swap engines with that plane.
  There is a couple carnival trailers left at the park still. The grounds keepers were filling ruts yesterday.

No comments: