Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Chipmunk and Dale.

I put the Chipmunk on the balancer and found it to be tail heavy which I suspected. I had a 2 ounce hub on the big Shark so I took it off and put it on the Chipmunk. That brought it real close to the balance point on the plans. We went to the park this morning and the Chipmunk flew a lot better. A few changes to the handle and it was better yet. I had a plastic tank on it so I could get short flights for the test. I'll get in some full flights in the morning and see how it goes.
  I went to the other Office Depot to get the plans printed. As luck would have it the lady doing the printing was the same one that worked here before the flood. She got things going and soon I had two copies of the plans. Something was a bit off. When I got home I put a ruler on the 12 inch scale on the plans and it measured 12 1/2 inches. I figure about 1% larger than it should be. I'm going with it anyway. I managed to make the engine mount out of aluminum channel instead of maple. Time will tell if it was a good idea. The balsa was shipped today and should be here mid next week. I bought some tracing paper and marked up the tail pieces so I wouldn't have to cut up the plans this time.

No comments: