Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Wasted trip.

After buying methanol from the carb. shop I still needed 3 gallons to be able to use up all the castor oil I bought. I had called the hardware store and they had some. I bought 15 gallons from them several years ago and had no problems with it. I fixed up 3 one gallon plastic jugs and drove to the store. I asked for 3 gallons of methanol and was told that there was a 5 gallon minimum. RATS!! I went back home and figured out a way to use one of the 5 gallon pails I already have. I poured the methanol from the big jug into the 5 one gallon plastic jugs I had in the shed. Problem solved.
I took a chance and went to the park with a couple planes. The carnival was breaking down and packing up but the far side of the field was flyable. Very little standing water to worry about unlike the place the carnival was in. Which is now rutted with tire tracks.
 The Nomads I built use the Legacy 40 wing. Brodak Mfg. sells the kit and the already built planes. Called ARF, which stands for Almost Ready to Fly, and ARC, Almost Ready to Cover. I bought laser cut ribs for the second plane which reduced the amount of work required to build the wing. The other day I wondered if Brodak has already built wings from the ready made kits for sale. That would really speed things up. I'll call them later today. The ARC version would be perfect as it's bare wood structure.

No comments: