Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Nose weight = good.

After breakfast we went to Central to the bank to get some money. That's the closest ATM that doesn't charge us to withdraw funds. It's about 12 miles away. When we got home I loaded the electric Pathfinder and the Shark 610 and we headed to the park. I was happy that the Pathfinder flew much better with the 1.1 ounce .57 caliber bullet in the nose. It rattled around a bunch but the pin held it in place. The Shark started off well but within the first lap it went off the rails. The outboard wing was high causing control problems. I flew the tank out and found the wing tab missing. The tab compensates for a warp in the wing I can't get out otherwise. I picked it up for a look see and found the covering that the tab is secured to had come loose and was flopping around now that it was on the ground. At home I heat sealed the covering back  onto the wing and put cellophane tape over the seams. I removed the bullet from the Pathfinder nose and squirted some black gasket sealant in the scoop and placed the bullet back in. It's curing and should be ready in the morning.
  I got two Fox .35 mufflers the other day and one was a "tilt up" style that I've been looking for. Fox makes tilt up and tilt down mufflers but the tilt up is rare and is needed for an engine that's inverted. The normal tilt down muffler will point at the leading edge of the wing the tilt up muffler will point under the wing as the engine is inverted reversing things. I want to try it on the Hound Dog.
  Tomorrow may be too windy to fly but Thursday is forecast to be much better.

No comments: