Saturday, April 22, 2017

Getting somewhere.

The original tank cured the engine run problem in the Nomad. I ran 3 tanks of fuel with half synthetic oil to clean out the castor build up. Then I got in 3 more normal flights with it.
At the park this morning I brought the Shark 665 and 610. The .40 size engine on the 610 has been giving me problems for a long time as has the other two .40's I have. At home I installed a venturi with a smaller hole to help with fuel draw. I figure that the bigger venturi flows too much and the engine can't get enough fuel in flight. I tested it here and put in 2 ounces of fuel. It ran for 5 minutes which proves something is happening for the good. I changed a second engine and it ran for 5 minutes also. I think I'm on the right track. I'll find out for sure in the morning.
  I'm up to filling and sanding on the wildcat. I found a color scheme that was used by the Navy before WW2. Colorful to say the least.

No comments: