Sunday, April 23, 2017

More progress.

I had to wait until afternoon as rain was falling in the morning. The wind was not too bad and I got two flights each with the .40 engines. The first had a tongue muffler and went kinda OK. The other had a stock muffler and I hooked the tank up to muffler pressure and that is the answer.
  I didn't have enough fiberglass cloth to cover the Wildcat fuselage so I made a side trip to the hobby shop. I had to settle for 3/4 ounce cloth as they didn't have 1/2 ounce which I prefer. I covered one side of the fuselage and it's drying, I'll finish the fuselage tomorrow.
  I haven't been flying the electric planes as I couldn't get any weights on the nose of the Pathfinder. The motor shaft is way too big for any of the spinner weights I have or can find. It occurred to me today that I could hollow out the fake air intake under the motor and put some weights in there. I was able to get about an ounce in and it's ready for a test flight sometime.

No comments: