Friday, April 14, 2017

Chipmunk is resting.

The club got together at the field this morning. I was there early and managed to get in three flights with the Chipmunk and the Hound Dog. Eventually the flying gave way to the obligatory bull session and it was time to leave anyway so I did. At home I cleaned the planes and took the engine off the Chipmunk and took down the Bearcat. I found all the pieces and managed to get the engine back in the Bearcat. I drilled 5 more holes in the tongue muffler just because I could. Some cleaning and then I sealed the hinge gaps. It's ready for flying in the morning. I added a foot to the lines for the Hound Dog so that will be another test flight. I have the P-40-B waiting in case the Bearcat doesn't work out. I have 4 events to fly in at the El Dorado contest. Classic with the Gypsy, profile with the Nomad, warbird to be determined and stunt with the Hound Dog. The contest is the first weekend of May so I have time to prepare.

No comments: