Wednesday, April 3, 2019

It's in the books.

Contestants started arriving on Thursday. They  started flying right away to get a feel for the park. On Friday more arrived and the park people had the field mowed. I got down to setting the circles with the help of an expert in these matters who came from Atlanta, Ga. Around noon we had the field set up ready for competition. I had borrowed 3 tables from the park and with the clubs tables we had enough. Saturday I got there as early as I could after making two jugs of coffee. After everyone signed up and the score boards were set the competition started. The winds were tricky and there was only one plane crash that didn't make sense. Two others were attributed to pilot error.
  I had reserved a room at Big Mike's for 6:00 pm and we got there about quarter of only to be late. The rest of the folks were already there. We upped the amount of attendees to 30 and that was how many we had. I passed  out the days awards after everyone had finished eating and then a birthday cake was brought in for two guys who's birthdays were that day and the next day. The usual trick candle and the cake was good.
  Sunday was as forecast, cool, windy and showers. I waited for the others to arrive and we had the raffle and called it a day.
  I had hoped for 10 contestants and got 11. 3 of which I consider influential people. So they will be believed when asked how the contest went and how is the park for flying. The club came out in the black by $40.00 after paying all the bills. So it was a success.
  While the raffle was going on I got all the stakes pulled up and caution ribbon taken in and disposed of. the trash I put in bags and took that to the dumpster so the park people could do their jobs and not mine. Monday morning I took the tables back and the carnival trucks were already arriving. Then We took all the clubs stuff I rescued from the smashed trailer back to the good trailer in Zachary. Then I went flying.

No comments: