Thursday, April 25, 2019

Spice injector for hinges.

At most grocery stores you can find a syringe and needle for inje4cting any meats with spices or whatever. The needle is scary big. I found that with a bit of modification the system can be used to inject your favorite glue into hinge pockets.
   First  cut the point off the needle and using an Exacto No. 11 blade tip flatten the needle around the blade so it leaves a flat point with an even opening. Now that opening will fit into the hinge pocket. I have found that carpenters glue, epoxy and this Quick Grip glue works very well in the syringe and holds the hinges in place.
  I ordered some Quick Grip from Amazon as I couldn't find it in stores anymore in the 2 ounce tube. I got a bunch of tiny tubes and each has the pointy end when cut off fits into the needle so You can inject glue into the hinge pocket with having to clean up the syringe barrel. The needle will fit over the end of an Ambroid tube too.






No comments: