Monday, April 8, 2019

Brodak to the rescue.

The laser cut Legacy ribs came in today. I poked the rod holes in each one and had to tape the cutouts in place.  I've been using the Adjusto-Jig for 30 years or more. I've found the fastest way to set the red things for the proper rib spacing is to measure the spacing on the plans and subtract the width of one of the red things, in this case 3/8". Then I cut pieces of corrugated cardboard to that dimension, in this case 2 1/8 minus 3/8 equals 1 3/4". Then I set the center rib spacing on each side and using the cardboard pieces place one between each of the red things. Making sure the cardboard is touching the pipe and not riding up into the red thing. A measurement makes sure it's right.
  The 45 degree bias balsa sandwich is curing and I'll use that to beef up the nose. Probably use a piece of lite ply over it on the outboard side.
 I included a picture of Nomads one and two so you can see what I'm doing. I have a third one the same size and a larger one with the Pattern Master wing. LA .46 power on the three and .52 or .60 on the bigger one.


No comments: