Tuesday, April 9, 2019

One piece wing trailing edge.

I marked the location of the hinge pockets on both halves of the trailing edge and sanded the pocket into each half of the trailing edge. Then, using a straight edge, I aligned the halves and pinned them and opened up the pieces for glue. Pushing the parts against the straight edge I pushed them together. Then I marked the rib locations and made notches for them on the band saw. I had to taper the assembly from 3/8 at the front to 1/4 at the trailing edge using rods and a razor plane. After that I installed the trailing edge on the ribs and secured it in place ready for glue. The trailing edge sheeting will cover the assembly adding strength. I plan to install shear webs on the trailing edge sheeting and between the spars for a "D" tube structure.





No comments: