Monday, April 8, 2019

Newest Nomad.

I have a Nomad of this size already but it's wing is a foam core Pattern Master wing. All my other Nomads use the Legacy 40 wing with a slight re-design. The other day i got the idea to see if Brodak has wing ribs for the larger Legacy and they do. i started to draw out the front end of the fuselage on a piece of 1/2 inch balsa and then got the idea to use electric instead of a normal engine. Mainly because I couldn't find the engine I wanted. All rear exhaust or too much money. I have batteries and a timer already.
  The ribs should be here in a few days and I have stuff to build it with wing mounted gear as I used fuselage mounted gear on the Legacy itself. Now I need to get with Brodak and buy a motor and ESC.
  So far I have the stab/elev built and some balsa. I'm finding other parts for the plane as I go. Too bad I didn't find them before ordering more from Brodak. I got the motor box kit from Allan Perret's collection.

No comments: