Monday, August 18, 2008

Envelope please.

And the winner is,,,,,// Me. Two stunt contests this year and two wins. I finally did the proper complete beginners pattern on my last flight. I didn't realize that the take off maneuver consisted of two parts. Takeoff which is one complete lap and level flight which is two level laps for a total of three laps. Then two more laps between the takeoff and level flight maneuver and the start of the wingover. The judge told me that I should do six laps with the third and forth lap being judged as level flight. That didn't sound right but I didn't make a fuss. I checked the rule book on line and it said different from the judges interpretation. I asked a question on the stunthangar forum and got the right answer. The first three laps are judged and the second two are the get ready for the next maneuver. Two of the biggest names in the business helped out on my question, Brett Buck and Ted Fancher.
I went to the dog track this morning and weed wacked and painted a circle. I took the plane I built from the wreck at Wrentham and the new Fox .40 engine I got for $20.00 on ebay. I got in four flights and the needle was turned in more and more each flight. Still breaking in I guess. I got some trimming to do on the plane, handle spacing or tail weight as it turns too slow. It will do the beginner pattern but not good enough for the complete pattern.
The ARF Nobler is coming along, engine is mounted and the nose is stiffened. Cowl is cut out and drilled fuel tank plumbing is next then glue it together. OS .40 for power.

No comments: