Friday, August 8, 2008

First ride.

I took the El Camino out on the road Thurs. morning. Other than the steering wheel being close to 90 degrees off everything went very well. The car stopped straight with no 'pull' to a side. Kinda noisy with the flowmasters and a few rattles but a great first ride. I did a buy it now on ebay and got a new dash pad and I'm watching a dash assembly. The original has been cut up for a radio and age has weakened vent outlets.
I went to the school and found the infield had been scarfed up for softball playing and is now unusable for a runway. No weeds though. I went to my second choice the new school in Sterling with the paved track. Got in two flights with the new Twister. The K&B needs tuning as the lap times are in the high 5 sec. range. I may have to change engines but I'll try a bigger prop first.

No comments: