Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Found the source of the confusion.

I remembered having seen something on the takeoff and level flight question someplace and I finally found it. I looked at the sample score sheets I got off the PAMPA (Precision Aerobatics Model Plane Assn.) web site and on the "Old time stunt" score sheet is Take off on one line and Level flight on another. This is the one cited by the judge. It amounts to the same thing as the AMA rule but the AMA rule can't be used for Old time stunt flying. 5 laps vs. 6 laps. Old time stunt and Classic stunt are not part of the AMA contest rules but are flown at sanctioned AMA contests. It's mostly a PAMPA thing them being a special interest group to the AMA for c/l aerobatics.
Any way on Sunday I didn't heed the advise of Red Green and failed to put some tape where the cut was going to be. Fiberglass prop plus bare finger equals cut finger.

No comments: