Sunday, August 24, 2008

In the ball park.

I took the rebuilt plane to the new school in Sterling and got in 3 flights. The first was way too fast. I slowed the engine down to 10700 rpm on the second flight and it was still too fast. 10200 rpm on the third flight created a usable speed. I did the pattern and timed the extra fuel and got 45 seconds after the last maneuver to engine stop. That's 3 ounces and should bet better as the engine gets more time on it.
I took the Nobler to the dog track yesterday. The inverted engine was trouble to tame down. It took 3 flights to get it slowed down enough to be usable. It does fly nice, slows for landing more that any of my other planes. Wings were level but the handle spacing is too narrow. I took the engine out and put it back in the first Primary Force kit I built. It's next in line after the Primary Pupster. Which flies very nice. I need to try the outside squares as they create the most carnage in my mind. The whole pattern has several in it. I want to practice them over grass but the old school field is locked and I can't get in. Grass creates less engine damage when you hit it.

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

Hee hee.

Our Primary Pupster got a haircut yesterday.