Sunday, August 2, 2009

Almost worked.

After having success with moving the elevator horn up to and in fromt of the hinge line i tried it on the Primary Pupster that I retired a while ago. I put a free engine on it, an OS .40 LA. I went to the dog track this morning and got in 4 flights. The change worked well as the up had a lot more authority but so did the down. I moved the push rod to the outermost hole but it didn't calm it down enough. I tried the clover leaf and the plane as a whole wouldn't do it. So I gave up and put it back into retirement. I removed the needle valve from the engine and found some crap on it so I cleaned out the whole assembly and reassembled it. So when it comes time to use the 576 ringmaster it's on it will be ready.
I mixed the rest of the 20% nitro fuel and have a gallon and a half ready to use. I almost got into it today but stopped too soon. I need to get more castor from Brodak plus other stuff.
I'm planning on going to the body shop tomorrow and hope to remember to take a camera. The seat should be ready soon by my estimate.

No comments: