Monday, August 24, 2009

Went for a ride.

I called an upholsterer several times before getting him to answer. Anyway he will install the headliner in a few weeks.
I cleaned the engine bay a little and put some armorall on the rubber parts. I removed the paint from the radiator overflow jar and installed it on the right fender and hooked it up to the radiator. We went for a ride to Voluntown and back to test everything. I was amazed that there are no rattles. The vent windows bring in a lot of air when open. I tweaked the carb. when we got home but it was set where it wants to be right now. It's still breaking in.
UPS brought the decals and vent crank from Year One. I put the decals on and matched the vent crank with one of the two I have and installed the pair. I deceided to start the radio install and read the directions. The speakers are polarity marked and I had to find out which wire was what. I had to remove the dash pad again and check the wires. I found some loose screws while I was in there and tightened them. I'll probably finish it tomorrow.

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

SOunds like it's really coming along. I can;t wait to see it.