Thursday, August 20, 2009

A new wrinkle.

While groping around inside the El Camino I noticed the spare tire wasn't there. I did find both visors, which are in pretty bad shape.
This morning I figured out how to run the seat belts through the seat like they are supposed to. I unbolted the belt and put the tab end through from the top instead of trying to get the buckle through from the bottom.
We went to Lizzy B's for breakfast and then almost forgot to go to NAPA for the other door lock knob. Then I went to New London and got the spare tire, which is still holding air. By the time I got home the temp. is above my limits so we finished putting the tonneau cover on and looked at the headliner and gave up for the day. I think I can install all the kick panels and sill plates before the headliner after all. I got several washers painted black to match the plastic panels as the holes are worn pretty big. I have to cover the interior to put glue on the roof and insulation before putting the headliner up. That is the last major project on the car. The radio isn't too much trouble as it is a replica of the original only modernized. It should fit perfectly. I hope it's not defective. I have to lube the speedometer where the cable connects to it. It worked good after warming up on the drive home. Then I can install the new dash pad. I will probably need new seat belts again as the ones I bought got painted a bit.

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

maybe fabric dye for the belts?