Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I got an early start.

I started to wash the bed of the El Camino this morning with TSP. I had good luck using it to clean my mothers house. I finally parked it on an incline and used the hose to wash out the wet TSP. It's drying now. I checked the timing and it's about 12 before. I also installed the stroage box behind the drivers seat. It's in poor shape but it fits.. Then I removed the accelerator cable and lubed it with a syringe. Then I took a bend out of the cable so it works a lot smoother.I removed the tach. yesterday as I have to sand the steering column and re paint it.
I got in 4 short flights with the OS/Snow Fox combo. I decreased the handle spacing and it still has plenty of turn.. I'll remove what little tail weight to calm it down even more. It is pretty stable as it is. The sun had a chance to heat up the asphalt and the thermals were kicking the plane all over the place. Just trimming flights anyway.

No comments: