Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fuel pressure.

I started the hot rod yesterday and it wasn't right. I shut it off and looked at the carb bolts but they all felt tight but I gave them a tweak anyway. It re started and ran normal after that. When I got back home I shut it off and turned the fuel pump on and looked at the pressure gauge in the line. It is showing 3 psi down from the 5 psi when it was new in 1997. I had bought a spare pump back then and will swap it out before taking it out again. The 502 doesn't have provisions for a mechanical pump. I have a filter before and after the pump plus one near the carb. I'll get new filters at the pump too.
I stopped at the mini-bluegrass festival a couple miles from home yesterday. All local CT bands I saw 3 bands including the one a childhood friend plays in. The same one we saw at the Foster, RI fair. Plainfield alone has 2 bands that I know of, Shady Creek and Cedar Swamp Bluegrass. My friend is from Oneco and he says he plays in 3 or 4 bands. This was the 2nd annual festival at this site. Should advertise it better though.

No comments: