Tuesday, August 25, 2009

We have tunes.

I spent 2 hours installing the radio this morning. It took most of the time to run the wires to the proper places. The radio fit the original opening perfectly. I used a piece of copper wire as a hanger for the back of the radio. After re connecting the battery I turned it on and even with the antenna collapsed some station came in loud and clear. I spent most of the day dressing the wires and making the rest presentable. I want to take the accelerator cable out and re do it. It has sticky spots and is annoying. The new steering wheel should be here in a few days. I have to clean up the column and paint it before putting the new wheel on. It is the same shape as the original.
I got in a few flights with the Snow Fox/Fox .40 combo. The engine is new and didn't run that good. I got some inkling of what to trim from the session. The plane turns very sharp and the handle space needs to be increased. A full muffler will help also. I'll put the OS .40 on it and try that. It is running very well and has a full muffler to add nose weight.

No comments: