Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summer's here again.

The two tamarack trees in my yard have been dropping needles for a month now. Maybe they have Dutch larch disease or something.
I bought some wood props and an electric 10x5 prop yesterday. I put a 10x5 wood on the yellow Primary Force and then re balanced it and re set the leadouts to the plan specs. It took one and 3/4 ounces in the tail to balance but it flew a lot better. I could remove some of the weight if I use a lighter muffler but I don't have one.
I was thinking about more nitro fooling the engine by adding oxygen. I'm going to try cooling the fuel before using it. That will make it denser and get more to the engine hopefully the same as more nitro. I plan to wrap the tank with aluminum foil for insulation while flying.
I saw some helicopter fuel at Ray's hobby shop too. 30% nitro and 23% oil. Perfect for my experimenting. $40.00 a gallon. I can make 6 gallons of 5% nitro with it.
2 hot and humid days in a row. Nothing in the 90's yet though.

No comments: