Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wheel is in.

We went to Wal Mart to get a cooler and a booster seat. We also picked up some carpets for the front seat of the El Camino. When we got home the steering wheel was waiting. I cleaned it up and figured there would be something out of sorts with it. The horn blower was in a constant blow mode. I did a continuity test and wiggledthings and put plastic insulators between the metal things in contact. I got them separated and as soon as I put a screw in the horn would blow. My Ohm meter still shows no contact but somehow there is a path someplace. Maybe a nylon screw. I taped the wire off and put the piece on to complete the wheel.
We went to the dog track this morning and I got in a few flights and found a problem with the tank. I removed the engine/tank from one plane and put it on the Fox. When I pulled the tubing off the uni-flow vent the tube came out. I installed it back further than it was for good measure. Too far in. The clunk was stopping as it passed by the tube causing the engine to falter and stop in one instance. I noticed the clunk hanging up and pulled the vent tube out 3/8" curing the problem. When I got home I looked at the drawing for the Fox and measured the push rod clevis to the hinge line on the flaps and elevator. I made a new flap horn and drilled the holes in the right places this time. I'll give it a try tomorrow.
Tonight is the last night for the horseshoe league in RI. The end of season picnic is this Saturday. Lots of food and crappy Coors light.

No comments: