Monday, November 23, 2009

Almost done.


The new wing is just about done. I got it to fit into the old fuse. It's a lot thicker than the old one and lighter even though I didn't use the best balsa. I still have to make a fin and rudder for it. I left a piece of center sheeting off so I can install the pushrod. I'll slide the piece in when I glue the wing in.
I went to the dog track yesterday and tried to get a good engine run with the OS .40 I put a new cylinder liner in. It runs good on the ground but then speeds up after two laps. It's not a runaway, as such. when I go inverted it goes lean but the tank is in a position that should prevent that. I figure the fuel is foaming in flight and put some more armor-all in it. I also balanced the prop. It's the only plane I have without a nose tripler. A half inch thick piece of balsa on the nose opposite the engine to strengthen the fuse. and keep vibration to a minimum.
I got another Fox .40 on ebay too. It's just like the one on the Primary Force. It comes with a spinner and is a 20 year old design or more. Probably the first of the back door engines. It has a large plate/cover on the back of the engine.

No comments: