Saturday, November 21, 2009

Nice weather.

We went to the dog track today and I got in some flights with the big ringmaster. The engine has been giving me trouble but some cleaning and a new plug helped a lot. It still don't like the tank or any tank for that matter. Nice lap times but screams in inside maneuvers and slows in outsides. This is new and I have another tank to try.
I cleaned up the Pupster fuse. and cut out for the new wing. The old one weighed 23 ounces. A real porker. I got some balsa from Lee's in Groton and it is heavy like Balsa USA stuff. The wing is drying as I wet the sheeting to form over the leading edge. A few more things to put in and it's ready to take off the jig. The new stab. is half the weight of the old one. I'm hoping for low 40 ounces. It was over 50.
The new radiator is working well.

No comments: