Monday, November 9, 2009

Name change.

I was checking stuff on the new plane when I spotted a stencil name I had made last year. So I decided to use it instead of having a new one made up.
The UPS truck stopped and delivered my needle valves and castor oil from Fox, then the mail brought the piston and liner for the OS .40. I installed one of the NVA's and ran it. Much improved. I hope to fly it tomorrow. I installed the other one too. I added the gallon of castor to one of the jugs of methanol and stirred it up. Then topped it off to the 5 gallon mark from the other jug. That should give me 5 gallons of FAI fuel with 20% oil. I can mix it with the nitro fuels to get the usual 2.5% nitro.
I installed the new piston and liner and will put it in the new plane for it's first flight soon.
I also made up some leading edge molds for Gil and sent them out this morning. I made copies of the ribs and now I can make a wing from them. He says the airfoil is really really good.

No comments: