Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Started painting.

I started painting the planes today. I got the white on the re built plane and the blue on the Ruffy. I built the Ruffy last winter and found the right paint a few weeks ago. I've been using Top Flite paint and it has been very thin on pigment. Many coats to get the color right. This blue is an older can and had plenty of pigment in it. I have two more colors to put on the rebuilt plane and am trying to decide on when to install the wing.
I finally burned the brush pile as it was wet and very little wind. I had most of it covered so the pile burned fast.
I went to the dog track and got in some flights with the problem engine. I was taking it off the plane and putting another on when I noticed the fuel line had a split in it. I changed it and put the engine back on. I also got tired of the swiveling tail wheel and removed it and epoxied the strut solid in the fuse. Hopefully that will cure the problems.
I think I will change the ignition on the bike to points and condenser. I understand those.

No comments: