Monday, November 2, 2009

Cool, windy and spitting rain.

The day started off fine enough but by 11;00 it was windy and cloudy. It started spitting rain by noon and stayed that way all day.
I took the Pupster out of the basement and installed a Fox .40 on it. I don't know where the balance should be so I set it at 25% of the chord. I had lowered the compression on this engine and after final adjustments I took it outside and ran it for a few minutes to set the needle. It weighs 52 ounces as I didn't use any light building techniques when I built it. Hopefully with the changes I made it will do the whole pattern. I found it had a little up thrust and a little left thrust. I fixed both things.
The Primary Force is on it's last legs. I don't think it will survive another belly or roof landing.
I ordered 2 new needle valve asm. from Fox today. They have stunt tuned the .40 engine and have changed the timing on the cylinder liner, a new venturi and the NVA. Fox also has castor oil for $20.00 a gallon. I've been paying over $10.00 a quart. I ordered a gallon. Should have got two now that I think of it.

No comments: