Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Good day for a flight test.

I installed the rebuilt OS .40 on the new plane and went to the dog track. Temps. in the low 60's and 0 to less than 5 mph winds. I flew the P. Force with the new NVA and I like the way it works. It can't be any worse than the original NVA. I brought out the Still and put 1 and 1/2 ounces of fuel in the tank and started it up. It flew quite nicely but the right wing was high. I tweaked the tabs on each wing and tried it again. Still not right so I tweaked some more. This time it was level and I did several simple maneuvers to feel it out. It likes to jump off the ground but I think I can get used to it and hold it down a bit longer. It weighs 43 ounces which is where I hoped it would be. It turns a sharp corner and is quite stable in level flight. I can probably add some nose weight without hurting anything. A spinner would be nice. I didn't try any overhead stuff and that will tell the story.

2 comments:

2Evil4U said...

Nice looking plane. Maybe a little taller tailwheel to reduce the jumpiness?

Perry Rose said...

That and squish out the landing gear a bit maybe.