Sunday, November 15, 2009

Making headway.

We got back from Nashua, NH around 0930 today. I checked the bike forum and the test procedure for the electronic ignition module was there. I went to the bike and re set the air gap and hooked up the battery and the Ohm meter. I got 12 Volts when I should and 1 Volt when I should. That means the module is working as it should. I put a metal rod in the plug wire and turned the engine over and got a spark. I turned it over again and got nothing. It went that way for about a half hour. At times the Voltages were not right either and at times they were. I'm going to re install the original module and try it. It looks like I need a new ignition set up either way. The poster on the forum gave me the brand of a good set.
I went to the dog track with the Still and Magician. I did the complete pattern with the Still and it flew good. Still needs some handle tweaking to calm it down a bit. The Magician and newly tuned Fox .35 flew good also with the engine purring nicely, growling is a better description. It ran steady too which is better.

No comments: