Friday, January 10, 2014

And yet another thing not to do.

I installed the straw on the ball link properly and removed the push rod. I inserted the wing into the fuselage and all was good. Then I re installed the push rod and thought it was into the ball link but it was threaded between the straw and ball link giving me a false reading. The straw was hard to pull off and that should have raised a red flag but I couldn't possibly made that kind of error. A good yank and the straw and push rod came out of the wing. Along with the red flag. I had access to the wing top and bored a 3/4 inch hole over the ball link and got the push rod installed properly.
  I had bought one package of fiberglass cloth for the Bearcat and what was left just covered the Legacy fuselage.
 The school class really got going on the motors and controls yesterday. We set one of the girls with the soldering iron and she was installing the connectors onto the motors. Still need the speed controllers soldered up. There is a renewed interest in the planes as the so so students have perked up a lot. I would like to take full credit for the turnaround but I will.

No comments: