Thursday, January 2, 2014

It's doing it again.

There was about a half inch of snow overnight and the forecast is for about 6 more inches tonight. I hate it when it snows at night and I can't keep up with it. The high winds will help blow the snow from the snow blower much further.
 The school was back in session this morning. I got the info on the class from the teacher and finished the text portion of my article. I forgot the camera so  next time out I'll take some and send that out.
 No matter what the weather brings I'm ready. The order from Brodak came in today and I have just about all I need to build the Legacy. I need to use the Adjusto-Jig again , that's a lot of holes, as I have 3/8 rods and the laser cut holes in the ribs are 5/16. The Bearcat was the same and that came out all right. I used tape to hold the lightening cutouts in place as the jig rod holes landed on a lot of them. It's good to have the instruction booklet. I marked the wing cutout on the fuselage sides and cut that out. Then I marked the doublers, 1/64 and 1/32 ply two on each side, and made those cut outs. I have the longer 1/64 doublers epoxied in and under a weight to cure. Just some sheet to cut for the leading and trailing edges and cap strips and the kit is complete.
  All this time and I didn't know that comments to the blog were numbered and listed. I'll have to be more watchful from now on. I'm glad that the comments were right as I haven't needed any extra weights.