Tuesday, January 7, 2014

How I do it again.

  I make the push rod with a metal clevis on the elevator end for adjustability. I remove the clevis from the horn with a screwdriver inserted up through a hole in the fuselage bottom and spread the clevis and remove it from the horn. Then it's a while trying to get the clevis turned on the rod enough to make the adjustment I want. I have an acsess hole under the stab and work through there. I made a tool that  makes the turning easier and faster. It's a piece of 1/8 aluminum tubing with a 1/16" cable running through it with a hook brazed on one end and a knob on the other. After getting the clevis off the control horn I insert the tool through another hole and hook onto the clevis pin and simply turn the knob which turns the clevis to the place I want it to go. Then with the screwdriver I re attach the clevis to the horn and I'm done.



No comments: