Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Another experiment.

Over the years I've progressed from slopping red lead body filler on the planes to using a credit card to scrape on a thin coat to thinning the body putty with acetone and scraping a thin coat on with a credit card to finally thinning the putty with acetone even more and applying it with a paint brush. I don't get the line of putty that sneaks past the edges of the card this way and I can apply a thinner coat of putty which means less sanding. So far so good.
  I flew the first plane to get ready in the school class this morning. I had to find how to hook everything up and we got it right on the second try. The plane zipped up at a sharp angle at first but I managed to make it look easy for the builder and the on lookers. I let the student fly it after I got it trimmed out and the power set low enough. I managed to miss the goal posts and flood lights on the football field and landed it with out any damage. After flight inspection showed that the wing wasn't seated and the leading edge was raised causing the sharp climb and the rudder clevis wasn't closed and locked. Both items were corrected.

4 comments:

2Evil4U said...

Test.

Perry Rose said...

We made some changes again.

Anonymous said...

Just testing.

Anonymous said...

Testing again - 2Evil4U